Thursday, August 20, 2009

Keep reaching for the sky

White plane in the blue sky.Picture taken 20 August 2009

One of the saddest things I see people do on the campus of City College is focus on how they got here rather than where they are going. "If I only was rich, I'd be spending this semester in Europe." "If I had studied harder, if I hadn't choked on the exam, I'd be . . ." So many of my classmates seem head down just trying to get through it. I have been there before so many times.

But San Diego City College is such an incredible place. The classes are small. You have access to the professors. And the price is right. But more than that City College is a place where your dreams are always right in front of you. Whether it is the buildings where winners work or the Planes that can take us to the our dreams are so close they feel like you can touch them. City College isn't a place to wait until you get your chance. It is the nexus of of your dreams.

No comments: